Sunday, May 3, 2009

March of Dimes...







I was honored to be asked to walk with the "Ray of Hope" team for the March of Dimes. My daughters have been going to dance, since they were both 3 years old & over the last 10 years I have formed a special relationship with their Dance Instructor. Unfortunately she had called for me to do a Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Session for her daughter born at 23 weeks in December. I struggled through the session & prayed that I had taken enough pictures to help this grieving family start to heal. Just a few months later she raised over $3500.00 in her daughters name for the March Of Dimes. We walked for a mile or 2 & remembered how special her daughter is to all of us & we took time out of our hectic days to honor her. To keep things light, we all had some laughs & spent time with friends and family. Of course it could have been on a cooler day. April 26th... must have broken a record for the heat wave we were having. It must have been over 90 degrees before we finished our walk around the Woodbury Commons parking lot & stores. I was proud to see we all made it for our final picture at the finish line & left feeling that maybe some day, every baby would be born healthy. Thanks JA! Until next year...same time, same place, cooler temps...maybe.

No comments: